[OpenAjaxGadgets] gadget edit mode question

Steve Repetti steve at radwebtech.com
Fri Apr 10 14:12:54 PDT 2009

In my work with the Scrapplet Mashup Platform (www.scrapplet.com
<http://www.scrapplet.com/> ), I created a default handler (widget editor)
for a number of standard widgets and a generic handler for the rest, then
provided two methods to override the handler:

The first widget editor option uses embedded code within the object itself
that includes auto-save of form variables (within the widget namespace) and
real-time integration upon widget instantiation. This allows standard HTML
and CSS to be used for the editor. (NOTE that I still provide default access
to ADVANCED settings [like OpenAjax!]).

The second method provides for registration of a callback function for
externalizing the editing functionality, which then overrides the internal
default editor and support for custom embedded code.

Custom Embedded Example:

Default ADVANCED settings:

Steve Repetti
CEO / CTO