[OpenAjaxGadgets] Request a widget mode

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 10 12:00:53 PDT 2009

I'm OK with adding getMode(), but I'll point out that a widget has enough
information now to figure out what mode it's in due to the onModeChanged
event. But it would be convenient to have getMode() so that the widget
wouldn't have to store away some sort of _mode private variable.

Jon

             Howard Weingram
             <weingram at tibco.c
                                       Howard Weingram
             04/10/2009 11:32          <weingram at tibco.com>, Jon
             AM                        Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS
                                                                        cc
                                       "gadgets at openajax.org"
                                       <gadgets at openajax.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [OpenAjaxGadgets] Request a
                                       widget mode

(Specifically because widget.xml allows the same content to be used for
multiple modes; so how does such a widget know its mode when 1st rendered?)

Regards,
Howard